- Sustainable Forest Management certification provides forest owners and managers with independent recognition of their responsible management practices. Third-party certification is a critical part of TFG’s forest management.
- In 2005, TFG was the first TIMO in the world to successfully certify its entire portfolio of timberlands in accordance with the principles and criteria of the Forest Stewardship Council ™Read More
- “In 2017, TFG certified its Canadian properties to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI) forest management standard.”
- Certification continues to be the bedrock of TFG’s management strategy, and TFG continues to certify the integrity of the entire forest management and chain-of-custody system by participating in an annual comprehensive third-party audit examining our forest management practices based on the triple bottom line of social, economic, and environmental criteria.
- In Belize, the Yalbac Ranch property sells certified mahogany lumber into global markets through Anderson Tully (ATCO) Worldwide. ATCO is a portfolio holding managed by TFG. Genuine mahogany (Swietenia macrophylla), is one of the world’s most valuable forest products and in 2003 was listed in the Appendix of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) of Wild Fauna and Flora. Given the political, social, and environmental sensitivity involved in harvesting the mahogany resources, third-party certification is an essential component of the commercial strategy.
- One example of a visible certification partnership is with a major guitar manufacturer. Certification plays a part in their Responsible Timber Purchasing Policy. They are committed to certification and that policy guides their purchasing decisions throughout the entire supply chain. Subsequently, mahogany lumber from ATCO is an exemplary choice for their acoustic guitars.